Employment Defense | Charlotte, NC
Robertson & Associates provides experienced advice and representation in employment law issues. Our firm has helped many small and mid-sized businesses work through compliance issues and employment disputes.
At Robertson & Associates, we recognize that your employees are your most valuable asset. Therefore, we are skilled in providing legal counsel relating to every human resources issue that your business may face. From interviewing to hiring to job performance and, when necessary, termination, we are prepared to offer your business with practical guidance that reflects your commitment to your employees and to your business.
Our employment law services begin with the hiring process, and our experienced employment attorneys can provide you with sound legal counsel with important employment considerations like:
- Employment Applications;
- Background and Credit Checks;
- Immigration Compliance;
- Drug Testing;
- Employee Handbooks;
- Employment Contracts; and
- Non-Compete Agreements.
During the employment process, we are skilled at providing practical legal counsel to address employment practices and navigating complex employment laws. We often consult with our business owners and offer counsel on issues relating to employment like:
- Anti-Harassment Policies and Complaint Procedures;
- Personnel Records;
- Time-Keeping and Overtime Procedures;
- Attendance Policies;
- Employee Safety;
- Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Policies;
- Social Media Policies;
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements;
- Rates of Pay;
- Employee Benefits.
- If necessary, our employment counsel can also offer you sound legal advice on appropriate action for employee discipline or termination, including:
- Employee Discipline;
- Severance Agreements; and
Navigating the myriad of federal and state employment law statutes can be challenging. Our employment law counsel in Charlotte, NC has experience providing our business owners with the right counsel to follow the law.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1965
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- The Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
When needed, the employment attorneys at Robertson & Associates defend businesses in a variety of employment-related disputes, including actions before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the United States Department of Labor, the United States Wage and Hour Division, the United States Department of Homeland Security, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the North Carolina Department of Labor, the North Carolina Division of Employment Security, the North Carolina Industrial Commission and the North Carolina Employment Discrimination Bureau.